One of the best things about living in a multi-cultural family is that we get two Thanksgivings every year- Canadian and US! Everyone always asks me what the difference is, and in true Canadian fashion I answer “Ours came first” which is usually not believed. I haven’t been able to tell much difference; turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie. The American’s inexplicably put Boxing Day the day after Thanksgiving, but other than that, it’s a repeat.
One thing our family likes to do on Thanksgiving is list out the things we’re grateful for. This is not a once a year thing for us by any means. I believe, and I think science backs this up, that a grateful heart is essential for a happy life. I have a group of friends who text me every day things for which they’re grateful and I do the same. Sure, some days it’s “that this day is over” but hardly ever. So in the spirit of Canadian Thanksgiving, here are some things we are grateful for!
1) Our clients! Like we always say…you ARE Limitless. When we say this, we mean that you can achieve whatever you set your mind to AND that you literally are Limitless Fitness. Without you, Limitless Fitness is just a dream and an empty room (and Tony would look a little funny screaming instructions without you all!).
3) Family! Our family is everything to us. It’s the biggest part of our why and we love that our family is expanding all the time in the form of our clients.
4) Faith! We can do all things through Him that strengthens us. Yes, we’re talking about Jesus. Thank you!
5) Freedom! We are very grateful for the freedoms we have enjoyed.
5) Food! Because Thanksgiving!
Those are the big ones! So Happy Thanksgiving – feel free to overeat this weekend in honor of your neighbours to the North!